Giving through the Community Foundation offers donors:
- Flexibility: Donors may create funds in any name & for any charitable purpose.
- Immediate Tax Deductions : As a 501(c)(3), the Foundation helps save on income and estate taxes and helps reduce/eliminate capital gains tax.
- Connectivity: Donors stay connected to their gift, their family and their favorite charities.
- Personalized Service : Knowledgeable, professional staff provide prompt attention to donor needs.
- Community Information: The Foundation is a resource for donors about local nonprofit organizations and community needs.
- Investment Expertise: Experienced board and committee members, and financial advisors oversee investments and relieve donors of that burden.
- Low Cost: Combining individual funds, keeps administrative and investment costs low.
- Reliability: The Foundation has a record of reliability and dependability.
- Simplicity: A fund is established with one governing document that takes less than one hour to prepare.
- Recognition: Donors can honor or memorialize a loved one in perpetuity.
- Privacy: Donors can give anonymously through the Foundation.
- Legacy: Donors can build lasting testaments to their names, their families and causes they care about.
Effective January 1, 2012, the CFNF Annual Administrative Fee shall be as follows:
- 1.5% on the first $3 million (except that funds with a balance of less than $50,000 incur an administrative fee of the greater of $350 or 1.75 %)
- 1.0% on the next $3 million
- 0.80% on the next $3 million
- 0.60% on the next $3 million
- 0.40% on the balance in the fund
Processing Fee on Non-Endowed Gifts
Non-endowed gifts to donor advised funds are charged a 2% processing fee.
Earnings of endowed funds are reduced by each fund's pro-rata share of investment costs (approximately 95 basis points annually). Generally, non-endowed funds do not earn interest and are not charged an investment fee.
NOTE: All investment returns are reported net of investment costs.