Gifts may be made to the Community Foundation to start a new fund or to add to an existing fund. And, your gift may be made during your lifetime or with a gift that takes effect at your death.
START A NEW FUND
Establishing a fund is quick and simple. Simply sign a short fund agreement and return it to us together with an establishing gift of $10,000 or more. Your Fund may also be established in your Last Will and Testament or other estate planning vehicle if you prefer. Once established, you may add to your fund if you desire at any time during your life or at death.
Here are the basics on how to create a fund at the Community Foundation of North Florida. For more information, please contact Katrina Rolle, President at 850.222.2899, Ext 104 or email@example.com.
- Make a gift to the Community Foundation. You can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- Sign a simple and short fund agreement.
- We set up a special fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- You are able to stay involved in the good works your gift makes possible. You can recommend an area or organization you'd like your gift to support, or rely on the community foundation to determine and address the areas of greatest need in our community.
- You recommend grants from your fund. Grants are distributed in the name of your fund or, if you prefer, grants can be made anonymously.
- We handle the administrative details.
- You may elect to endow your fund so that it is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to make grants to your favorite charities. Your gift, and all future earnings from your gift, is a permanent source of community capital, helping do good work forever.
ADD TO AN EXISTING FUND
Individuals, families and businesses may contribute to any existing fund at the Community Foundation. Donations to these funds are tax deductible to the fullest extent under federal law. Your gift may be given in honor or in memory of a loved one. The Foundation will notify those you specify of your gift or you may remain anonymous.