To serve as an illuminator of community needs while connecting donors to charitable causes they care most to support.
We demonstrate leadership through convening donors to learn about community needs and by promoting philanthropy and endowments as a way to help build a stronger community.
We are dedicated to ensuring the assets and resources entrusted to us are professionally managed to further assist donors in achieving their philanthropic goals.
We earn trust by doing what is right and maintaining high ethical standards.
We strive to exceed the expectations of those we serve.
In 1995, members of the Tallahassee Regional Estate Planning Council explored the possibility of establishing a community foundation to serve a portion of the North Florida region.
In 1997, through the dedication and support of a group of business leaders, the Community Foundation of North Florida was incorporated as a 501(c)(3) and received its first gift.
In 1998, a volunteer Board of Directors representing a cross-section of community leaders was established.
In 1999, the Community Foundation hired its first full-time employee and launched the Legacy Society to honor those who entrusted the Foundation with a bequest or planned gift.
In 2000, with the help of a challenge grant from the Knight Foundation and matching funds from 30 Founding Members, the Foundation was able to open an office and employ additional staff.
In 2020, the Foundation embarked upon a new strategic plan for charting the next era of community impact.
Our strategic plan serves as a roadmap for our vision of being recognized as an illuminator of community needs while continuing to connect donors to charitable causes they want to support.
Create more significant impact in the community
- Deepen our engagement with donors and other stakeholders to identify and address community needs.
- Develop a results focused grant program that engages our donors to have a greater impact in the community.
Enhance organizational capacity to serve our donors and community
- Optimize resources to enhance our donor services and impact in the community.
Enhance our “donor-centric” brand
- Engage donors to learn about philanthropic opportunities to address community needs.
- Engage donors to be collaborative partners with the Foundation’s grant program.
- Deepen our engagement with community stakeholders.
- Deppen our engagement with Professional Advisors.
- Increase our visibility in the community through enhanced marketing and communications.