Engaged Philanthropy Officer
Reports to: President/CEO
About CFNF: Community Foundation of North Florida (CFNF) is dedicated to promoting and facilitating long-term charitable giving. We inform people about community needs and connect them with charitable causes they care most about. We support nonprofits by serving as both a source of grants and vehicle for building endowments for their future. We serve as a resource for professional advisors to assist their clients with charitable giving.
Position Summary: This position is primarily a frontline resource development and community engagement position, responsible engaging with donors, prospective donors, nonprofits, and the community to achieve the Foundation’s revenue and endowment goals.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Departmental Collaboration and Engagement:
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to tell stories of impact for the community and for donor specific reporting.
- Work with colleagues to produce events and other opportunities for donor engagement and donor/grantee connection.
- Work with colleagues to provide multi-point donor contact and support for top-tier donors and planned giving prospects.
- Work with colleagues on the publication of the Foundation’s quarterly fund statements and its annual report.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to identify opportunities for collaborative philanthropy.
Resource Development and Donor Relations:
- Steward a portfolio of donor-advised and agency endowment fundholders to provide excellent customer service and hands-on, personalized support to achieve philanthropic goals and drive the Foundation’s revenue and endowment goals.
- Identify and cultivate new donors and gifts of all types for the Foundation, elevating the Foundation’s value proposition for engaged philanthropy through personalized connections.
- Promote giving to and through the Foundation to support the Foundation’s goal to enhance its impact in the community.
- Plan and coordinate events and educational programs and opportunities that expose donors to information about community needs and other charitable giving topics.
- Provide needed support to create and distribute donor communications and marketing materials.
- Manage and grow the Foundation’s Legacy Society.
- Oversee content related to fundholders and professional advisors on the Foundation’s website.
Fundholder Scholarship Cycles:
- Manage three annual fundholder scholarship cycles. This includes, but is not limited to, working with two scholarship committees.
Other Duties: This job description is intended to convey the general scope of responsibilities for this role and is not an exhaustive list of duties. The foundation may require additional tasks to be performed as needed to support its goals and objectives.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in resource development/donor services.
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent interpersonal and relational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills.
- High-level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in major gifts and planned gifts.
Work Environment: This position is based in an office environment with private offices.
Compensation Package: This is a full-time exempt position. CFNF offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, retirement contribution, and medical insurance. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: To be considered for this position, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than August 31, 2023. The closing date is subject to change.